Who can count their miles?
-- brain injury survivors
-- caregivers doing their miles with their survivor
-- loved ones doing their miles in memory of someone who died due to brain injury
-- miles you choose to dedicate to a survivor (we'll help you meet one if you'd like!)
That can include anyone, even you! So, if you're one of the above (and you are!), we'd love to have you join us in traveling 1.4 million human-powered miles! If you want to help in ways other than traveling human-powered miles, please prayerfully consider donating and/or helping us with our wish list.
Here's how to register:
1) use the comments section of this post to register. Include your name, your activities, and your personal goal.
2) We suggest a donation of $50 or more per participant. If you are a brain injury survivor or caregiver and that is a financial burden, we're happy to waive it!
3) if you want to blog about your experiences, you are welcome to become an author on this blog. Please email Deacon Patrick with a sample blog entry and I'll get you set up! Then you can start by posting an about you blog entry, and then tell about your journey as you take it, challenges, set-backs, successes, and more!
4) Track your miles. For now, please track your miles on your own, and post them to this blog if you have joined as an author. Once we have a milage tracking tool, we'll include directions here.
5) Consider sending out donation request emails to family and friends, letting them know what you're doing. Write your own, or use our template and change as you see fit.
6) Consider contacting press in your area to share with them how you are Shooting the Moon for Brain Injury. We'll have sample press releases and instructions posted in the near future.
That's it! You're now Shooting the Moon for Brain Injury!