Monday, September 28, 2009

New Life!


Our fourth daughter, Brigid, was born yesterday! Mama and wee one are doing well. What a wondrous reminder of God's abundance.

I was startled by another example of God's abundance. Hospitals are a gauntlet of overstimulation. Yet I was blessed to be able to coach my wife through her delivery and survive long enough to spend Brigid's first hours with her. I've been able to do that with our other two daughters who were born after my disability. However, both those times it took me 2 weeks to recover.

Not this time. The combination of the gifts of the O2 rich blood from the hyperbaric chamber and increased blood flow in my brain from the inversion table both combined to help me recover from my 14 hours of hospital barrage in record time. This morning I went on a 5 mile trail run. Yowza!

Welcome to the world, Brigid! May we be wise and loving parents and help you become the fullness of who God created you to be.

Milage Total: 35.5

3 comments:

  1. Oh Patrick,
    What a precious gift Brigid is!

    May she and Barbara come home healthy and quickly!

    A big virtual hug,
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is sooooo Goood! What timing!

    Brigid is so beautiful, just like her mommy. No punt intended Patrick.

    Abundant miracles are so glorious to behold!!!

    We are so filled with joy. Lots of hugs and baby feet kisses.

    The Prentice Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick, Barbara and girls,
    You have been in our thoughts and prayers. We are so happy to hear of the wonderful birth of Brigid. She looks beautiful!! Give our love to Barbara and the girls for us. We look forward to meeting Brigid.
    God bless you all. Susan and Bob Waller

    ReplyDelete

Please seek to uphold the dignity of anyone mentioned in your post. Thank you!